Have you been in San Antonio, Texas before? If this trip is your first to the Alamo City, you're in for an amazing adventure. Besides the warmth and friendliness you'll find, you'll also see points of interest that you will never forget. One of the reasons that makes San Antonio a great place to visit in the wintertime is that, though it can definitely get really cold, it's never too miserable to get out and enjoy the sights. Here are some ideas that will help you to take advantage of every single minute you're in the area.
Within The City - You could live in San Antonio your whole life and never get to see all that you want to see. However, you can also be there for a short stay and see a whole lot.
- Try to stay in the downtown area so that you'll be in walking distance of the city's points of interest. Get up early in the morning so that you'll have a head start.
- After breakfast, head to the most famous landmark in town, The Alamo. Allow yourself enough time to see the gardens at this sacred shrine. You'll see an oak tree that will blow your mind away.
- After visiting the Alamo, head to the historic hotels in the district. There are even a couple of them that claim to be haunted, which will make your visits even more interesting.
- Go to the Mexican market and to La Villita where you can shop for unique souvenirs.
- Save the Riverwalk for late in the afternoon. By doing that, you can experience the beauty of the river during daytime and then you'll still be able to see the famous lights that make the river a magical place to be.
- Treat yourself to Mexican food like you've never tasted before. Find a restaurant that has a mariachi band. You'll fall in love with that music!
Out Of The City - One of the greatest things about visiting San Antonio is that you'll be in driving distance of points of interest outside of the downtown area. If you drove into town, you've got it made. If you flew, rent a luxury car. Renting a luxury car that has all the bells and whistles on it might be a bit more expensive than renting an economy car, but it will be worth the extra expense as you drive in style and in total comfort. Reserve your car before you head to San Antonio so you won't be disappointed by not getting the luxury car you wanted.
- Drive into areas like Alamo Heights to see gorgeous homes that are decorated for Christmas.
- While you're in the Alamo Heights area, be sure to see the Koehler Cultural Center, a Victorian home that is now used as an art department for San Antonio College.
- Take a day to drive to New Braunfels where you can experience the German culture.
- For another great shopping experience, drive to Boerne and Fredericksburg. You can do both of those trips in a day and still get back to your hotel in time to get ready for another night on the town.
- Another fun trip would be to go through Blanco and head to Johnson City, the birthplace of President Lyndon Johnson. You'll even get to see where he went to school.
- Take a picnic to Landa Park where you will find many local families enjoying the outdoors.
Turning in your wonderful luxury car at the airport will probably make you somewhat sad, as you'll be realizing that your San Antonio stay is over. One thing that might brighten things up for you is the realization that you can rent the same kind of car anywhere you travel.